Saturday, March 19, 2016
Appin Coimbatore Post on Internet of Things - IOT
NASSCOM - National Association of Software and Services Company is giving more importance to this next so called People Technology - IOT.
Internet of Things, popularly recognized as IoT, is an emerging disruptive technology of the 21st century. Quite simply because “smart objects” can now freely “talk” to each other and generate enormous volumes of data, spread across disparate communication networks. Interconnectivity, coupled with what sensors can now capture, has now reached a very high level of maturity. Given the volume, velocity and variety of this data and out of seeming randomness, the Analytics engine can be powered to cull out critical information about consumer behavioural patterns, from just about any industry vertical.
It’s a mammoth opportunity for the world, as much as it is for India. In five years, the global opportunity is likely to touch 300 billion USD and in comparison, India too would boast of a 15 billion USD market in IoT. It needs fostering with utmost care.
Towards this, The Centre of Excellence for IoT- a combined initiative of Department of Electronics & IT, ERNET India and NASSCOM - is expected to promote an IoT ecosystem, which is vibrant & at the same time innovative, which will help our country attain a leadership role in this field.
· To create innovative applications and domain capability across verticals for country’s needs such as Smart City, Smart Health, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Agriculture, etc.
· To build industry capable talent, start-up community and entrepreneurial ecosystem for IoT.
· To provide an ecosystem for innovation to thrive and embrace entrepreneurship
· To energise Research mind-set and reduce costs in Research and Development by providing neutral and interoperable, multi-technology stack laboratory facilities
· To reduce import dependency on IoT components and promote indigenization
· To position India as a provider of end-to-end solution in Engineering space
· To provide environment for product Creation, Testing and also for Validation & Incubation.
For more details, contact Appin Coimbatore