Below are the highlights:
- I am sure you are thinking about your children's examination that have started or are about to start. I am as worried about exams as parents are.
- I feel that my 25-30 minutes discussion will be very useful for the students appearing in exams.
Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar joins PM Modi on Mann Ki Baat. This is what he has to say:
- Set realistic, achievable targets for yourself and try to achieve them.
- Set your targets and pursue them with a free mind, without pressure. Compete with yourself and not others
- Keep your thinking positive, positive results will surely follow
- Exams are not merely about marks
- Every exam is a step towards achieving that great purpose; Every success will become a key to achieve that great purpose
- Do not limit yourself with what will happen in these exams. Work for a larger purpose, for a vision
- Take adequate rest and good sleep
- In life, discipline is a big reason behind strong foundation of success; Discipline provides a strong foundation
Chess champion Viswanathan Anand joins Mann ki Baat and shares tips with students appearing for exams:
- Stay calm and sleep well.
- It's important not to put too much pressure on yourself an don't keep your expectations too high.
- Don't be over-confident but don't be pessimistic either.
PM Modi asks students to stay clam
- Even during exams, if we smile and laugh, we will start experiencing the inner peace
- If your mind is at peace you will be able to find the treasure of knowledge and exams will become much easier for you
Professor CNR Rao:
- I fully realise that the examinations cause anxiety; that too competitive examinations. Do not worry, do your best
- There are many opportunities in this country. Decide what you want to do in life and don't give it up
I am very grateful to Professor CNR Rao for inspiring the children of the country, says PM Modi.
- While appearing for exam, take time to read the paper, don't be in a rush
- If student, parents, teachers and even seniors, work as a team and proceed in a planned manner, examinations become easier
- Parents, teachers and seniors are an invaluable support system for students during exam time
- JK Rowling is a brilliant example of how anyone can achieve success any time. She had to face many difficulties and failures
- Please do not pressurize children. Keep the environment positive: PM Narendra Modi to parents
- Curiosity is the mother of science. Innovation is not possible without science and technology
- On National Science Day, let us resolve to make science and technology as an essential part of our lives
- I bow before Sir CV Raman and appeal to you all to inculcate scientific temper
- I have an exam too. 125 crore Indians are going to test me since the Union budget will be tabled tomorrow. I am confident.